Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Old Flying Adventures - Why do I fly - First Angel Flight

Why do I fly? I enjoy the various challenges of the changing environment that the plane, wind, weather, traffic and different factors that factor into the safe outcome of a flight.  I also enjoy helping other people.   I found out about an organization called Angel Flight East, which is a non-profit organization that transports ill patients to needed treatment facilities.  I decided to join the organization as a co-pilot.  Once I receive my instrument rating, I will be able to transport patients as PIC.  I performed one of these missions not too long ago.  Here are some pictures.  We were under an IFR (Instrument Flight Plan).  Transported a mother and little girl to needed cancer treatment from WVA to CHOP in Philadelphia, PA.

PIC for the flight

View of KILG (New Castle County Airport)

Above a nice cloud layer!

No comments:

Post a Comment